Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
A catastrophic injury, as defined by the accident benefits regulations, can cause life-altering suffering and loss and may include such issues as amputation and disfigurement. If you or a loved one has experienced catastrophic injuries as a result of a motor vehicle accident, it is important that your personal injury lawyer is specifically experienced with cases involving catastrophic injuries. Pace Law Firm's personal injury lawyers have handled dozens of catastrophic injury cases and can provide experienced and diligent legal help.
Our skills and experience include:
- Working with health care providers and other medical experts to determine the extent of injuries
- Working to determine accident victims' ability to return to work, to perform the activities of daily living and enjoyment of future quality of life
- Creating structured funds to manage large compensation awards
Unlike most motor vehicle accidents, which entitle victims up to two years of accident benefits, there are monetary limits on the amount of benefits that are available in the province of Ontario. Cases of 'catastrophic impairment' garner higher benefits and generally involve serious head injuries, paralysis, complete loss of vision and certain other serious injuries. Pace law team can advise you as to whether you have sustained a 'catastrophic impairment'.
Catastrophic Injury Benefits
- $1,000,000 for Medical and Rehabilitation Benefits (from a maximum of $100,000 for a 10 year period)
- $1,000,000 for Attendant Care Benefits for Life (from a maximum of $72,000 for a two year maximum period)
- Entitlement to a Case Manager (from no entitlement)
- Entitlement to House Keeping expenses for life (from a two year maximum period)
If someone you love has been seriously hurt, contact our catastrophic injury lawyers today.